What is Stewardship?
Stewardship means giving of ourselves—our time, our talents, and our treasure—willingly and generously. Our Lady of Victory has many opportunities available for parishioners to be good stewards of the gifts that God has given us.
Time—Spending Time with God in Prayer
Prayer is the beginning of stewardship. Only when we spend time with God in prayer are we spiritually prepared to offer ourselves in service to others.
- Attend Mass every Sunday and on Holy Days
- Attend Mass on weekdays as possible
- Spend time in personal prayer each day
- Pray together with family or friends
- Read the Bible; attend Bible Study
- Pray the Rosary
- Go to confession
- Attend 1st Friday Adoration
- Schedule time for a Retreat
Talent—Using My Talents in Parish Ministries
We have all been granted unique gifts (talents) by God, and it is left to us to use them to serve the Lord and each other. Please see the Ministry Opportunities inserts for a list of ways that you can serve the needs of Our Lady of Victory as well as contact information for each opportunity.
Treasure—Making a Consistent Gift to the Offertory
In thanksgiving for God’s gifts, each household is asked to budget a sacrificial gift to the offertory in proportion to your income.